Pike 7.8.352 Release Notes
Changes since Pike 7.8.316 (second 7.8 release):
The compat functions top() and size() are now marked as deprecated.
Extensions and New Functions
Added support for sending Color objects to the color() function.
Added support for fetching result sets as JSON-encoded strings.
Updated timezone data to 2009j.
Output from render_xml() is now on canonical form.
- Added "pike -x httpserver" that implements a minimal HTTP-server
exporting the current directory.
- Lowered startup time by extending encode_value() and MasterCodec so
that master.pike can be precompiled.
- Lowered startup time by reducing the number of MEMSET() calls done
- Allow threads while calling SDL_GL_SwapBuffers.
- Added optimization of has_value() and search() for single-character strings.
- Added optimization when combining two arrays where the second array
contains a single item.
- Fixed casting of floats to strings to again work more like in Pike
7.6 and earlier: The string will always contain either a "." or an "e" to signify that it is a float, and it will no longer display so many digits that the binary/decimal conversion errors become visible.
- Protocols.HTTP.Server.HeaderParser will now discard parts of a
header value if the header value contains a newline (like "Host: google.com\n.hax.net\r\n") and headers without colon.
- file_open_socket() now attempts to set SO_REUSEPORT on the socket.
Potentially fixes issues on FreeBSD 7.x where ports aren't reused.
- Calendar.TimeRanges now knows that `+() and `-() can get any number
- The experimental extended ZFS support is disabled since it pulled in
- Fixed propagation of changed module directories for joinnodes by
zapping the joinnode cache.
- Fixed memory leak in Image.WBF.
- Fixed potential NULL-deref in Image.XWD.
- Fixed potential NULL-deref in Image.PNG.
Building and installing
- Nettle 2.0 is now supported.